President: Barry Kable
Secretary: Alfonso Trudu
Treasurer: John Olsen
The objects for which the Society is established are:
- To promote good fellowship among all people interested in Bromeliad culture and in horticulture generally.
- To further the knowledge and advancement of all that pertains to Bromeliads, including their natural history, cultivation and hybridisation.
- To disseminate knowledge of Bromeliads and carry out educational and research activities into all aspects of Bromeliaceae.
Our Policy and Procedures
Dates: Third Thursday of each month (except December)
Time: 6:45 pm plant sales, 7:00 pm meeting commences
Location: Merthyr Uniting Church Hall, 52 Merthyr Road New Farm QLD
The Society holds regular monthly general meetings with:
- plant sales
- plant displays
- plant competitions
- guest speakers and
Visitors are most welcome to attend a meeting.
Annual General Meeting (AGM)
The AGM is held in February or March as per the notice in the Bromeliaceae publication and newsletter.
To nominate for the Management Committee, complete the Committee Nomination Form (PDF).
To become a member of the Bromeliad Society of Queensland, sign up in person at one of the meetings or complete the Membership registration form.
The Society organises two major plants shows a year, the Autumn show, usually held in April and the Spring show, usually held in November. These shows give the public an opportunity to purchase plants from experienced growers.
The Society also organises events for members including bus trips and field days.
- Bromeliaceae: a quarterly publication for members. The publication provides articles on growing and looking after bromeliads. It is posted to members or members can access the publication online. Older publications are available to the public.
- Newsletter: a monthly newsletter is published electronically.