Cancellation of events due to COVID-19
With the current situation due to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus), the Bromeliad Society of Queensland’s Committee have made the tough decision to cancel the following upcoming events as listed below.
We have a duty of care to our members and take this seriously, and feel that this is the best course of action to ensure the health and wellbeing of all our members, as well as the general public.
The following BSQ events have been cancelled:
- Bromeliad & Tropicals Show & Sales – November 2020, Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th November – CANCELLED
- Monthly Meetings for 2020 – CANCELLED
We hope that you all remain well during this troubling period and look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
The Society holds regular monthly meetings throughout the year (except for December). Visitors are most welcome to attend.
Dates: Third Thursday of each month (except December)
Time: 6:30 pm plant sales, 7:00 pm meeting commences with the information session
Location: Merthyr Road Uniting Church Hall, 52 Merthyr Road, New Farm QLD 4005
The monthly meetings consist of:
- plant sales from experienced growers and the opportunity to sell your own plants (members only)
- plant raffles
- plant displays
- information sessions for beginners
- guest speakers, both national and international
- plant competitions with the opportunity to vote in the ‘Popular Vote’ or enter your own plants with the chance to win the $25 exhibitor prize (members only)
- lending library
- automatic entry into the lucky door prize (must-sign the Register book).
Monthly meeting schedule
View the 2020 monthly meeting schedule to see meeting dates, plant of the month and the monthly competition schedule.
Annual General Meeting (AGM)
The 2019 AGM is held in March as per the notice in the Bromeliaceae publication and newsletter.
To nominate for the Management Committee, complete the Committee Nomination Form (PDF). Nominations must be received by the Secretary 14 days prior to the AGM.
Guest speaker presentations
- Plants that compliment bromeliads by Steve Flood, 2018