The Society holds regular monthly meetings throughout the year (except for December). Visitors are most welcome to attend.
Dates: Third Thursday of each month (except December)
Time: 6:30 pm plant sales, 7:00 pm meeting commences with the information session
Location: Merthyr Road Uniting Church Hall, 52 Merthyr Road, New Farm QLD 4005
The monthly meetings consist of:
- plant sales from experienced growers and the opportunity to sell your own plants (members only)
- plant raffles
- plant displays
- information sessions for beginners
- guest speakers, both national and international
- plant competitions with the opportunity to vote in the ‘Popular Vote’ or enter your own plants with the chance to win the $25 exhibitor prize (members only)
- lending library
- automatic entry into the lucky door prize (must-sign the Register book).
Annual General Meeting (AGM)
The Annual General Meeting is held in March annually as per the notice in the society journal, Bromeliaceae, and newsletter.
To nominate for the Management Committee, complete the Committee Nomination Form (PDF). Nominations must be received by the Secretary 14 days prior to the AGM.
Guest speaker presentations
- Plants that compliment bromeliads by Steve Flood, 2018