This is a fantastic resource for any Bromeliad grower, with information on many of the Bromeliad genera, including Aechmea, Alcantarea, Billbergia, Guzmania, Neoregelia, Pitcairnia, Portea, Tillandsia and Vriesea.
Plus, information on Propagation, Caring for Bromeliads including light, temperature, air circulation, watering, potting mixes and pests & diseases, plus a full chapter on Landscaping with Bromeliads.
This is a Full Colour, 110 page, A4 size book. Read an extract of the book by clicking on the cover photograph. An extract of one of the chapters is shown here.
Here are some comments from those who have already read the book:
- Jerry Coleby-Williams: Bromeliads, like growers, are characters. Within the pages of ‘Starting with Bromeliads’ is much hard-earned knowledge, the lived experience of dedicated enthusiasts and collectors. They want to encourage the next generation of bromeliad lovers by releasing a handy, practical and affordable guide. They have succeeded.
- Neil Dela Cruz: I am immensely enjoying the book, and will order some more soon, to get some to give as gifts.
- Bernie Polzin: It’s a must for new & old enthusiasts, love it.
- Karen Withers: Great book, thanks to all involved. Top job.
The RRP for this book is $20, and will be on sale at BSQ monthly meetings & Spring & Autumn Show, or you can place orders for the books to be posted to your address.
- 1 Book including postage = $26
- 2 Books including postage = $52
- 3 Books including postage = $76
- 4 Books including postage = $96
- 5 books including postage = $116
For international purchases please contact us for freight prices.
Electronic funds transfer
To pay by bank transfer, the Society’s account details are as follows:
- Bank: Bendigo Bank
- Account name: BROMELIAD SOC OF QUEENSLAND INC
- BSB: 633 000
- Account Number: 177 006 277
For the reference, use your initial and surname followed by ‘Book’ eg. J Smith Book. Please note, there may be a limited number of characters you can enter in the reference.